Why hire a professional?
The best answer to that question is a professional face painter, balloon twister, clown or magician knows their trade and the proper tools like the back of their hand, which means you get excellent results every time!
Do you carry insurance?
Yes, myself and Danielle both carry liability insurance. As do many other entertainers.
Do you have a minimum booking time?
- No. But we do like to spend at least 5-7 minutes with each child to fully develop the design that they choose. This will allow us to accommodate 8-15 children per hour. Please keep this in mind when booking as additional charges will apply.
How many faces can you paint in one hour?
- We can comfortably paint an average of 8-15 faces in an hour depending upon the complexity of the designs chosen. Usually for younger children we have a basic selection of designs that are quick and easy to do to save them having to sit still for too long.
Can you paint within the theme of my child's party?
- Absolutely! Just let us know the theme of the party when booking and we will make sure to have some faces ready for the event. Though, keep in mind that more time may be needed per child depending on the complexity of the design and this may affect the booking time.
How soon should I book?
- As soon as the date is confirmed. Obviously, the closer to the date of the party you get the less chance you have of any face painters being available.
Will I need to pay a deposit?
- Yes, a 20% deposit will be needed. This secures your day. Don't worry, We will fully refund your deposit if you cancel within 15 days of the date you reserved. Beyond that the deposit is non-refundable.
What do I need to provide?
- Absolutely NOTHING... we are professionals, we bring everything we need for the day, whether we need a gazebo, a table and chairs or just a picnic blanket!
What areas do you cover?
- We cover all of the areas around Austin, Texas and are willing to travel outside of the Austin area for a small travel fee. Please contact us to find out if we cover your location, if your area is too far out we will try to recommend a suitable company that is in your area.
How much do you charge?**
- Please visit the prices page, and watch for discounts.
Can you paint at Charity Events?
- For charity events we can provide our services for free to the event and simply charge per face. We will provide a percentage of the day's takings to the charity. Typically I keep 20% to help with my costs. You must provide me with a line assistant.
Who Can be Painted?
- Face paint is not recommended for children under 2 years old, because they normally don't sit well and often cry. However we will paint a small design on younger children as long as they do NOT start crying.
What if my child objects?
- If a child is reluctant to have his or her face painted, We cannot comply with the wishes of the parent or carer over the desire of the child. Young children do not always understand face painting - someone they do not know is doing something to them, which they cannot see. Crying children will be turned away. Sorry!
What if I have a rash or other skin condition?
- Anyone, who in our opinion appears to be suffering from a cold sore, conjunctivitis or any other infectious skin complaint cannot be painted. Similarly, eczema, open cuts and grazes are not suitable surfaces to paint. However, a design on the cheek, hand or arm is perfectly possible.
What about sickness?
- We are unable to paint anyone suffering from cold/flu symptoms. If your child feels feverish we will NOT paint him/her. Hay fever sufferers are advised to have a design on the cheek, hand or arm. Snotty noses and messy faces: please wipe your child's face and nose before sitting them in the face painter's chair.
How do I get this stuff off?
- The best way to wash off water based face paint is to use a wet flannel or wash cloth. It is not normally necessary to use soap. Baby wipes are also a way to remove the paint but is not always the best. Wipes are made for little bottoms and some brands can cause a reaction on facial skin.
Do you have the right to turn away clients?
Yes, we reserve the right to refuse to paint anyone who is abusive, violent, intoxicated, or inappropriate in any way.